Welcome to The Procurement & Supplies Department.
As outlined in the HSE procurement policies, the overall goal is to maximise the effectiveness of procurement in providing support and efficient patient care, while complying with all relevant European and National legislation and Government guidelines.
To have an open and transparent procurement policy, while striving to achieve the optimum value for money and ensuring continuity of supply to all areas through out the hospital.
The Supplies Department is situated in the Victoria Wing of the hospital complex. Pedestrian access is through the main link corridor of the hospital. Deliveries are received at the main entrance of the Supplies Department located at Hibernian Road.
Summary of services provided
- Procurement of medical consumables, implants, equipment, cleaning products, printing & clerical supplies.
- Management of the Hospital Supplies Department
- Receipt and issuing of goods
- Costing of weekly requisitions
- Resolution of invoice queries
- Carrying out weekly medical stock re-orders at ward level.
- Negotiation of contracts
- Sourcing of new products and equipment
- Administration of surgical instrument repairs & database
- Administration of rental equipment & database
- Administration of a computerized stock control system and the generation of management reports.
- Annual Stocktake
Hours of Service
- Monday to Friday 8.30am - 5.00pm
Phone: +353 (0)21 4926676