Welcome to the SIVUH
Department of Nutrition & Dietetics Webpage
Opening Hours: 8am-4pm
The Department of Nutrition and Dietetics aims to improve the nutritional status of patients and staff at the South Infirmary Victoria University Hospital, Cork.
The Department of Nutrition & Dietetics at SIVUH is staffed by a team of Dietitians and who are registered members of CORU and meet the standards of the profession’s regulatory body.
The post of Dietetic Manager is shared and held by Anne Hevers and Linda Perrott (bleep 726). They work Monday-Friday, covering ENT outpatients and Oncology unit.
Senior Diabetes Dietitian, Rosemarie Kelly (bleep 792) Monday 8-5, Tuesday- Thursday 8-1.45, covering Diabetes outpatient clinics and diabetes group structured education.
Senior Dietitian, Emma Clifford (bleep 707) works Tuesday and Friday 8-4pm covering inpatient orthopaedic trauma rehabilitation and Maxillo-facial surgery inpatients.
Dietitian, Emma O’Connor (bleep 833) works Monday-Friday 8am-4pm covering ENT, General Surgery, Plastic Surgery, Dermatology inpatients.
Dietetics consult: What does a Consult entail?
Your first appointment may take up to an hour, and your follow-up (if needed) may take up to 30 minutes. An appointment includes the following:
- Nutritional Assessment: Your weight and height would usually be measured.
- Dietary Assessment: A detailed diet history is taken (i.e. an account of your usual eating pattern)
- Dietary Advice: Individualised dietary recommendations are discussed with you and targets for change are agreed between you and your Dietitian.
- Written Information: A diet sheet and/or goals for change are given to you, with all the information you need to help you achieve your targets.
- What about follow-up: Your Dietitian will continue to see you until such time as the dietetic treatment is deemed to be completed.
In patient and outpatient services are provided to a variety of specialties within the hospital.
Patients must be referred through a consultant within the hospital
The main office is located in the Victoria side of the hospital. Out patient clinics are held in the following areas- Diabetes Centre and ENT OPD.
Please refer to your outpatient letter/ appointment card for further information.