Welcome to the SIVUH Department of Otorhinolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery (ENT) Website
The Department of Otorhinolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery at the South Infirmary Victoria University Hospital, Cork, caters for patients with diseases of the Ears, Nose, Mouth, Throat, Head & Neck, Thyroid Gland, and Major Salivary Glands. The name of the specialty is often abbreviated as E.N.T. (which stands for Ear, Nose, Throat), however, the scope of the specialty reaches far beyond this simple description.
The Department of Otorhinolaryngology at the SIVUH, Cork, is the busiest in Ireland, as measured by the number of new patients seen per month (HealthStat).
- Prof. Patrick Sheahan, Consultant Otorhinolaryngologist - Head & Neck Surgeon
- Ms Ann O'Connor (Consultant Otorhinolaryngologist) s.i. Neuro Otology / Paediatrics)
- Mr. Mohammad H Khan (Consultant Otorhinolaryngologist)
- Mr. Andrew Dias, (Consultant Otorhinolaryngologist)
- Mr Gerard Thong, (Locum Consultant Otorhinolaryngologist)
- Ms Éadaoin Ó Catháin, (Consultant Otorhinolaryngologist)
Prof. Conor Barry (Maxillofacial Reconstruction), Ms. Jemima Dorairaj (Plastics Reconstruction), Mr Andrew Dias and Prof. Patrick Sheahan (Consultant Otorhinolaryngologists) at the Irish Head and Neck Society inaugural conference in May 2022.
SIVUH Branches of Otorhinolaryngology - Head & Neck Surgery
- General Otolaryngology
- Otology / Neuro-Otology
- Rhinology and Endoscopic Anterior Skull Base Surgery
- Head & Neck / Thyroid Surgery
- Head & Neck Cancer
- Thyroid Disorders
- Salivary Gland Disorders
- Paediatric Otolaryngology
- Facial Plastic Surgery