Welcome to the Nurse Practice Development Department
In collaboration with clinical nursing staff and the School of Nursing and Midwifery we as a unit strive to prepare nursing students for registration through the development of competencies necessary for the delivery of quality patient care within an effective clinical learning environment.
Through practice development initiatives, training and education we endeavour to promote and facilitate the continuing professional and personal development of nursing staff in order to enable them in the provision of a high standard of evidenced based care for patients and their families.
The head of the NPDD is Brenda O'Brien, Nursing Practice Development Co-ordinator. Also within the team are Clinical Placement Co-ordinators, Nursing Student Allocations Liaison Officer and a Nurse Training and Development Co-ordinator.
Our dynamic NPDD:
- promotes the use of evidenced base nursing practices
- assists with the maintenance of an effective Clinical Learning environment for nursing students
- assists in the continuing personal and professional development of nursing staff through training and education.
- Identifying the learning needs of nursing staff
- Co-ordinating a comprehensive education programme to meet identified learning needs
- Co-ordinating and supporting undergraduate nursing students on practice placements
- Ensuring that an effective clinical learning environment is maintained
- Supporting preceptors
- Assessing nursing practice development needs of the organisation, planning and implementing practice development initiatives to meet identified needs and continually evaluating their effectiveness.
- NPPC- Bethseda Row
- CPC’s- Office no.22 off Link Corridor
- Allocations Liaison Officer- Office No. 24 off link corridor
- Nursing Training and Development Co-ordinator- Office No. 24 off Link Corridor
- Brenda O'Brien- Bleep 769, Ext. 26231
- Maire Healy- Bleep 728, Ext 26138
- Eileen Cotter/Breeda Kelly- Bleep 757, Ext 26252
- Jean O’ Sullivan- Bleep 764, Ext 26252
- Ger Cremins- Bleep 820, Ext 26138
- Monday- Thursday 0800 hrs - 1700 hrs
- Friday 0800hrs - 1300hrs